Your planning threads

Planning thread- Summer in the Cotswolds 2017

921 to 940 of 976 posts

Bridezilla

Also H2B and I last night did a mock up of what our guest book table will look like. Did it on the coffee table but hopefully the actual table will be a bit bigger!

This photo will be included with the set up instructions that either the venue staff or the groomsmen can do in the morning.

~*My planning thread*~

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/planning-thread--summer-in-the-cotswolds-2017/418589.html

Bridezilla

Wibble2017 wrote (see post):

Great job on the madlibs!!

So exciting that your countdown just became weeks. Mental...

I love the bridesmaid dress (and totally see what you mean about the tube top!)

Thanks! Yeah without that tube top it would be a bit indecent for a wedding haha! But she does have a very big chest, I think I could wear it without fairly safely.

~*My planning thread*~

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/planning-thread--summer-in-the-cotswolds-2017/418589.html

Bridezilla

MrsMannToBe wrote (see post):

The bridesmaid dress looks gorgeous but I can see why you would need the tube.

Also your guest book table looks bloody amazing!!! 

Thankyou!! H2B was also impressed and said it looked great- it's not like I haven't shown him all the bits as I've bought them but clearly he can't see my vision until it's together haha.

~*My planning thread*~

Bridezilla

First dress fitting tomorrow! Very nervous as I haven't seen my dress in forever. It's been what, 9 months?? This will be the first time I'll try it on with my shoes and veil as well. No piccies probably as going on my own! I feel like it's going to be a very different feeling trying it on this time as now I'll be wearing it for real in a few weeks time. As per the fabulous username of another bride on here, shit got real!

Just let me know if I'm forgetting anything I need to do/bring- ladies who have already had fittings and are experienced??

- Bring bridal shoes as essential for length

- Bring veil and hair vine to try with the dress

- Wear strapless bra although it doesn't really matter as cups will be sewn in?

- Wear non embarassing pants

- Wear hair up so it's easier for the seamstress to get to the back of the dress?

Anything else?? I tried to ring the bridal shop to ask but they never answer. I think they are always in appointments as it's only one lady who runs the shop.

~*My planning thread*~

New bride

I was told I didn't need to take my veil with me, so I didn't for the first fitting (which turned out not to be a fitting but that's an irrelevant story!) but if you want to see it, then I don't see why you couldn't. I'll take mine for my next (second) fitting.

Have you got a slip or underskirt? I took with me my shoes, underskirt, bra and wore my hair up in a simpler version of what sort of up do I wanted and wore no make up - I was terrified of getting it on my dress!

Have fun!

Bridezilla

Oh my goodness how exciting! Ask the lady to take a pic for you pretty pleaseeeeee! I think you have it all covered in terms of what to take! not sure if you have the pants you'll be wearing on the day but it's a good idea to try them on under it before the day - I remember one dress I tried on showed the knicker line quite badly! 

Bridezilla

Oh I do have the pants I'm going to wear! But I didn't want to wear them before the day and have to wash them... got to love that 'new knicker' feel on your wedding day hahaha. They are french knickers so no 'bum seams' (sorry if TMI). I may dig out a similar pair and wear them. I don't have a slip or anything to wear as the illusion back is super restrictive on what I can wear underneath.

I'd like to take the veil as I'm not 100% sure the length is right, but the Etsy seller offered to shorten it for free if needed so better I check that now!

Also good point RE make up. Part of me wants to wear it so I look nice (nothing worse than clothes shopping when your face and hair are manky, it makes you feel gross in anything you try!) but yeah defo don't want to get make up on the dress! I had a dream the other night that I went to my fitting and there was this massive red lipstick stain inside my dress because they had let some other bride try on MY dress! But they kept insisting that I'd made the stain though I never wear red lipstick and could show a pic from the one time I've had it on to prove I wasn't wearing it! Oooh I was dream-furious haha.

~*My planning thread*~

Wedding addict

So exciting for tomorrow!! It sounds like you have everything covered.  I've also had dreams about my wedding dress arriving and it being wrong but them blaming me!! Completely sympathise with your dream furiousness.  In one of my dreams, they had sewn on green cape sleeves to the dress and couldn't take them off  

Let us know how it goes - maybe see if the seamstress will take a sneaky photo?! 

Bridezilla

Your dream made me LOL.

I was the same as you re: pants. I have ivory underwear for the day, but didn't want to lose the 'new knickers' feeling, so I wore a brightly coloured pair that do show the seam for my fitting - just to make sure I'd be okay with whatever I wore haha!

I also took all my accessories to the first fitting too, as I'd not seen it all together - and wore contacts as every time I'd tried the dress previously I'd had glasses on.#

I found the first fitting to be a good test of comfort - standing still for 30 mins is hard!! Made me glad I've got flat shoes

Good luck tomorrow - cant wait to read about it!

Bridezilla

Omg I'm laughing at the green cap sleeves- can you imagine! And why wouldn't they be able to take them off haha.

Thanks for the tips Wibble! Is that how long your fitting took, 30 minutes? I have no idea! But H2B will be waiting in a coffee shop so it would help if I can tell him roughly how long I'll be!

Hmm maybe I'll wear a normal pair of pants under the wedding ones and only pop them on for the fitting just to be sure they don't show through!

~*My planning thread*~

Bridezilla

Sammykate wrote (see post):

Omg I'm laughing at the green cap sleeves- can you imagine! And why wouldn't they be able to take them off haha.

Thanks for the tips Wibble! Is that how long your fitting took, 30 minutes? I have no idea! But H2B will be waiting in a coffee shop so it would help if I can tell him roughly how long I'll be!

Hmm maybe I'll wear a normal pair of pants under the wedding ones and only pop them on for the fitting just to be sure they don't show through!

I was in there between 35-40 mins altogether - but it probably depends on what you are having done! Do you have an idea of what adjustments need to be made? Mine is being taken in down the side seams and the hem is being taken up approx. 2 inches - it will also depend how many layers of petticoat you have underneath (mine has 3 layers altogether I think!)

Bridezilla

The dress goes over my head! I did wear make up last time and it was fine so maybe I'll just avoid the lipstick.

Wibble mine will be similar- the length and a little at the sides of the bodice. Unless I've got fatter since last time then the bodice might be perfect haha. But also I'm having the cups sewn in and bling added to the belt so we'll need to discuss that. I might tell h2b around 45 mins!

~*My planning thread*~

Bridezilla

Sammykate wrote (see post):

First dress fitting tomorrow! Very nervous as I haven't seen my dress in forever. It's been what, 9 months?? This will be the first time I'll try it on with my shoes and veil as well. No piccies probably as going on my own! I feel like it's going to be a very different feeling trying it on this time as now I'll be wearing it for real in a few weeks time. As per the fabulous username of another bride on here, shit got real!

Just let me know if I'm forgetting anything I need to do/bring- ladies who have already had fittings and are experienced??

- Bring bridal shoes as essential for length

- Bring veil and hair vine to try with the dress

- Wear strapless bra although it doesn't really matter as cups will be sewn in?

- Wear non embarassing pants

- Wear hair up so it's easier for the seamstress to get to the back of the dress?

Anything else?? I tried to ring the bridal shop to ask but they never answer. I think they are always in appointments as it's only one lady who runs the shop.

Oh my days Sammykate fittings!!! This is getting so real now our time has finally come! lol! Have a good time at the dress fitting. Definitely take the veil - though I am a bit put out as Sian didn't offer me free shortening - she said something cheap like £10 plus postage  RUDE! I had a fitting an I put an hour parking on the car and was 4 minutes late lol. And I didn't have to wait so was in the fitting for a full hour.

Re. knickers I also wont be wearing mine prior to the day as I love the new knicker feeling, though now I have said that I suppose I do want to be sure that (TMI coming up) they are the riding up kind (sorry). Hmm something to ponder over.

Hair - do you recall if the dress has been pulled up or put on over your head. I doubt I'll wear any makeup with mine until the day. Same with jewellery... I want to save the complete look for the day.At my fitting I wore my hair down and I did have to keep moving it over each shoulder and to the back etc so would have been good to be able to tie it back - my bobble was in my bag and I had no-one to pass it to me. You are also having your hair up aren't you so I would go with up for the fitting too.

Bridezilla

Thanks for the advice Jenni! Hair in a ponytail then maybe. I'm not going to bring all my jewellery, like you I don't want to see the complete loook until the day! Hmm I wonder if Sian offered it to me because we had a big debate over length and in the end I paid £10 more to have it longer than chapel but shorter than cathedral! Although it was a long time ago so she might not honour it now lol. Unless the length is really wrong I'll leave it as it is, not going to fuss over an inch or so!

~*My planning thread*~

Bridezilla

Just had my nails done and thought I'd go for something bridal to compare against my dress tommorow! Went for a pinky nude colour with a shimmer, which I really like in natural light:

But in artifical light I think it's too nude??

Opinions?? Can't decide if I want something like this, something pinker or just french!

~*My planning thread*~

Bridezilla

Also why do hands always look really fat in photos. I swear my hands aren't that fat!!

~*My planning thread*~

Wedding addict

I definitely don't think it's too nude - I think it's a really pretty colour and I like the shimmer! Are they gels?