Your planning threads

Wedding firework timings

1 to 8 of 8 posts

Bridezilla

Hi all,

Just a quick one, has anyone had fireworks on their wedding day? What time do you recommend having them?

Here‘s our rough timeline if that makes a difference? 

2pm - I do's

2:30pm - Canapés, fizz and photos

4pm - Wedding breakfast and speeches 

6pm - Tea/coffee and petit fours

7pm - Evening reception starts

8:15pm - Cake cutting followed by 1st dance 

8:30pm - Buffet opens

9pm - Firework display? (Not sure if this is too early?)

12am - Home time!

Thanks everyone! 

Bridezilla

What time of year do you get married? This will dictate timings as I'm guessing you'll want it to be dark?

We got married towards the end of September & had our fireworks at 9pm. 

Bridezilla

We had fireworks but had them at 10pm due to it being June! It was just about dark enough at 10pm. If I'd had the choice we'd have had them earlier as some people left early and didn't see them.

Bridezilla

Thank you for the replies! I think our gut instinct in having them at 9pm seems about right from what you’ve both said. I‘m going to give the company a call today and pay the deposit! 😀😀 Hopefully they’ll still have 9pm available as I know it’s the busiest time of year for fireworks companies! 🤞🤞

Bridezilla

We had fireworks 4th November this year, we were setting them off ourselves which meant we could be a bit flexible which was a bonus as we had to delay by about half an hour due to a little rain. I think in the end they were at about 9.30. I would think 9 was a good time, it will certainly be dark enough at that time of year and you dont want too late as it does sort of cut off the dancing / party a bit so i would stick with 9.

Wedding thread:

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/my-november-wedding/435410.html

Bridezilla

wed172B wrote (see post):

We had fireworks 4th November this year, we were setting them off ourselves which meant we could be a bit flexible which was a bonus as we had to delay by about half an hour due to a little rain. I think in the end they were at about 9.30. I would think 9 was a good time, it will certainly be dark enough at that time of year and you dont want too late as it does sort of cut off the dancing / party a bit so i would stick with 9.

Our venue will only let us fire them if it’s done by a professional company 😐 So, unfortunately, we won’t have the same fexability as you. I’m still excited though, although not about the cost 😂

Thank you for your input! 

New bride

We had ours done on 4th Nov 2017 and they were done by a professional company. 

We had ours at 10pm because that was when they said they could do them. It created a great natural end for our older guests and then we still went on to do some more dancing and have a great party!