The average cost of a wedding in the UK is around £24,000, but in the world of celebrities, it’s a whole other ball game. In fact, the average cost of an A-list wedding is a whopping £1.6m.
And that’s just an average, with certain A-listers spending a whole lot more. One US singer and his actress wife even spent just under £5m on their big day. More thank Kim and Kanye’s £3m French and Italian destination extravaganza.
The calculations were made by bidvine, based the estimated cost of the number of guests, flowers, venue hire, dresses and food.
Now we know you’re dying to know, so here is a list of the 20 most expensive celebrity weddings, and the top spot goes to…
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel – £ 4,936,584
- Beyoncé and Jay Z – £3,190,515
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian – £2,985,801
- George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin – £2,848,185
- Liza Minelli and David Gest – £2,658,160
- Paul McCartney and Heather Mills – £2,468,290
- Chelsea Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky – £2,278,423
- Christina Aguilera and Jordan Bratman – £1,518,949
- Prince William and Kate Middleton – £ 1,516,243
- Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes – £1,500,000
- Elton John and David Furnish – £1,139,200
- Michael Douglas and Katherine Zeta Jones – £1,137,200
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie – £948,622
- David and Victoria Beckham – £674,000
- Kate Moss and Jamie Hince – £594,000
- Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall – £445,400
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen – £399,000
- Poppy Delevingne and James Cook – £388,000
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds – £229,000
- Guy Ritchie and Jacqui Ainsley – £193,000