The word honeymoon instantly conjures up images of idyllic shores and far-flung destinations, but how about honeymooning here in the UK? Here are seven reasons why holidaying at home could be the best thing you’ve ever done.
1. Be a tourist in your own country Quite often when we live somewhere (especially for a long time), we fail to see the beauty of it. Treat your trip like you are a tourist and soak up all of the famous, historic landmarks that others are queuing up to admire.
2. Bring your buddie No, we’re not talking about inviting your pals along to ruin the romance – we mean your precious pooch! If you’re travelling by car you can simply bring your doggie along and turn the trip into a family outing. Here’s our round-up of dog-friendly minimoons.
3. Get savvy with savings By staying close to home, you could save yourself a fortune. The money that would have been spent on flights and transfers can make the difference between a four and five star stay, or an extra-special activity. Discover how to make your honeymoon budget go further.
4. Escape to the coast The UK is home to some of the most beautiful beaches. Head down to St Ives to feel some of the softest sand and soak up some of the most stunning views. No one will know you weren’t actually upon the shores of Mallorca…
5. Explore the city If you’re a couple who can’t do relaxation, you may want to immerse yourself in the hustle and bustle of a city – from London to Edinburgh and Cambridge to Bristol, our tiny island is packed full of fun places to visit.
6. Hit the open road Utilise your own transport (or hire a cool camper) and go on a road trip. This will give you the freedom to explore corners of the UK you may not have even considered before.
7. Embark on an adventure There’s no need to jet off to the other side of the globe to get a little bit of action. Stay right here in the UK to go white water rafting in Snowdonia, surfing in Cornwall and even dolphin watching in Inverness!