Photo | Every Second Counts
July is fitness month here at You & Your Wedding, and what better way to get into the spirit of things than with some super easy tips by sports nutritionist and health writer Anita Bean?
Seriously, these are so simple even lazy girls will love them!
1. Walk more. Build more activity into your daily life, invest in a pedometer and aim for 10,000 steps a day.
2. Always warm up. Spend five minutes mobilising muscles and joints and bringing your heart rate up to prepare for your workout. Begin slowly for the first few minutes and build up gradually.
10 HEALTH & FITNESS BLOGGERS TO FOLLOW
3. Go flat out for short bursts of time. Just a few minutes of HIIT – high intensity interval training – can build strength and fitness in one go. Try doing six 30-second bursts of intense cycling, running or rowing with 30 seconds of recovery time between the sprints twice a week.
4. Track your daily activities – either by writing them down in a diary or using a fitness gadget such as Fitbit, Garmin or Jawbone that logs your activities.
WEEKLY WEDDING WORKOUT PLAN FOR BEGINNERS
5. Exercise with a partner. Training with someone else boosts motivation, makes exercise more enjoyable, helps you work harder, reduces the chances of skipping sessions and helps you stick to your fitness regime.