Easter is fast-approaching and that may mean there are difficult times ahead for any chocoholic brides on a mission to achieve big-day beauty. Bridal beauty concierge Sapphire Pink’s nutritional therapist Marcelle Dubruel shares some top tips for a guilt-free Easter break, and how to recognise the good eggs from the bad.
• Go dark: Chocolate in its raw form has some very positive attributes – raw cacao is a powerful antioxidant and contains the happy hormone serotonin and phenylethylamine; the chemical released when we’re in love. It has wonderful healing properties and when eaten in moderation can make us feel good. The purer the chocolate, the better it is for us so always opt for dark chocolate (over 70% cocoa) and steer clear of over-processed milk and white varieties.
• Regulate your hormones: If Easter clashes with your monthly menstruation cycle, it’s best to avoid chocolate altogether. The combination of hormones with an overdose of sugar can have a disastrous effect on your skin, so treat yourself to a relaxing massage or facial instead – you’ll thank yourself later.
• Flush it out: If you simply can’t resist the temptation and find yourself in a post-Easter sugar slump, drink plenty of water. Water is the best way to flush out toxins from your body and keep your skin looking fresh.
• Start your beauty regime: If your beauty regime is yet to begin, now is the time to start. Invest time into a weekly cleanse, exfoliation, mask, tone, serum, eye cream and moisturising routine – getting into the habit of plumping up tired and dehydrated skin will pay off in the long run.
• Guilt-free chocolate treats: For a completely guilt-free chocolate indulgence, whip up a super moisturising chocolate face mask that’s guaranteed to get your skin glowing without the calories:
– 1/3 cocoa powder
– 3 teaspoons of cottage cheese
– 3 tablespoons heavy Dairy cream
￼￼￼￼￼￼For further information visit www.sapphirepink.co.uk. To book a consultation call 0207 381 6464 or email email@example.com