Nourish your skin from the inside with these healthy recipes by Deliciously Ella for Neal’s Yard Remedies.
Fresh & Fruity Smoothie
Great for an afternoon spent in the sunshine with friends, this smoothie not only tastes divine but looks great too!
Ingredients (makes 2)
1 cucumber, juiced
1⁄2 a mango
1 tablespoon of almond butter
1⁄2 a lime, juiced Handful of frozen blueberries
1. Start by juicing your cucumber and lime
2. Put the juice from the cucumber and lime into your blender and add in the mango and almond butter. Follow by sprinkling in the frozen blueberries
3. Blend until smooth
4. Add the smoothie to your favourite glass, pop in a colourful straw and sip away in the sunshine!
DELICIOUSLY ELLA SHARES HER ULTIMATE BEAUTY SECRETS
Super Green Pesto
The avocados make this pesto so incredibly creamy, while also giving you lots of great healthy fats which will help you glow from the inside out!
Ingredients (serves 2)
1 ripe avocado
110g of Brazil nuts
100g of pine nuts
50g of fresh basil leaves
5 tablespoons of water
4 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of Organic Greens Complex (available at Neal’s Yard Remedies)
3 lemons salt to taste
1. Wash all of the ingredients and simply place into a food processor and blend until a smooth pesto forms.
2. Mix my pesto with pasta or zucchini noodle dishes for a rich sauce or use it as a dip to serve with crudités.
Refreshing Summer Mocktail
A cooling, summery mocktail that tastes divine and has a soothing e ect on body and mind. Perfect for balmy summer days and with a generous splash of gin will turn into a refreshing cocktail!
Ingredients (serves 2)
Roses Pink, died herb – 15 buds (available in Neal’s Yard Remedies stores and online)
Cucumber – 2 inches
Lime – 1
Sparkling water – 500ml
Maple syrup – 1 teaspoon (optional)
1. Infuse 15 rose buds in 200ml of freshly boiled water for 15 minutes and then cool
2. Squeeze in the juice of 1 lime, adding a little zest
3. Blend 2 inches of cucumber until smooth
4. Add all the ingredients to a jug with plenty of ice
5. Add 500ml sparkling water and 1 teaspoon of maple syrup (optional)
6. If you want to make a cocktail – add a large splash of gin!
Deliciously Ella has collaborated with Neal’s Yard Remedies to launch her first organic skincare line. You buy it now here.