Walking down the aisle will be one of the most memorable moments of your life, so it’s understandable you’d want everything to be absolutely perfect.
It’s the first moment your guests and your groom will see you and your all-important gown and it signals the official start to your big day. If you’re anything like us, you’ve probably spent several work meetings or train journeys home imagining the look on your husband to be’s face and the reaction of your guests, but do you ever think about the music that’s playing as you make your big entrance?
Music plays a huge role in setting the atmosphere and the tone as well as communicating something about you as a couple. This is your chance to put your stamp on the wedding service from the get-go, so we recommend getting creative and thinking of a song that really means something to you.
With this in mind, remember to pay good attention to the rhythm and pace too. If the song is too fast, you’ll be skipping down the aisle, too slow and it will feel like a very long walk! Any favoured songs that don’t quite cut the walking down the aisle mustard, can always be added to a wedding breakfast playlist, evening disco or even be selected as a first dance song.
Scroll down to read our suggestions for music to walk down the aisle to, from classical choices to modern pop songs to old favourites. You can give each and every one a listen on our Spotify playlist too, so stick on your speakers and get ready for happy tears!
Walking down the aisle is one of the most poignant moments
Classical music to walk down the aisle to:
- Canon in D – Pachelbel
- Air – George F. Handel
- Romeo and Juliet Love Theme – Tchaikovsky
- Clair de Lune – Debussy
- The Flower Duet from Lakmé – Léo Delibes
- Ave Maria – Bach/Gounod
- Bridal Chorus – Wagner
- Wedding March – Andrew Grossman, Lana Ross and Anna Moor
- The Arrival of the Queen of Sheeba from Solomon – Handel
- Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring – Bach
Instrumental music to walk down the aisle to:
- A Thousand Years – The Piano Guys (Cover of Christina Perri)
- Love Me – Yiruma
- I’m Yours – Vitamin String Quartet (Cover of Jason Mraz)
- Married Life (from the film Up) – Michael Giacchino
- La Vie en Rose – The O’Neill Brothers Group (Cover of Edith Piaf)
- A Sky Full of Stars – The Piano Guys (Cover of Coldplay)
- All I Want is You – Bridesmaids Quartet
- Riptide – Piano Tribute Players (Cover of Vance Joy)
- Wings – Pierluigi Colangelo (Cover of Birdy)
- Your Song – United Guitar Players (Cover of Elton John)
Modern songs to walk down the aisle to:
- All of Me – John Legend
- First Day of My Life – Bright Eyes
- Somewhere Only We Know – Lily Allen (Cover of Keane)
- Greatest Day – Take That
- Make You Feel My Love – Adele
- Marry You – Bruno Mars
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- Come Away With Me – Nora Jones
- Best Day of My Life – American Authors
- The Power of Love – Gabrielle Aplin cover
Old favourite songs to walk down the aisle to:
- Can’t Help Falling in Love With You – Elvis
- Hallelujah – Blake (Cover of Leonard Cohen)
- The Way You Look Tonight – Frank Sinatra
- Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
- Here Comes The Sun – The Beatles
- The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face – Roberta Flack
- Be My Baby – The Ronettes
- The Very Thought of You – Billie Holiday
- At Last – Etta James
- What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- God Only Knows – The Beach Boys
- Dream a Little Dream of Me – The Mamas and Papa
Find the full playlist here.
With your processional music sorted, check out our playlist of the best ceremony music for the other songs to play during your wedding ceremony.