1. Matching gear is a hen-party staple — but it doesn’t have to be tacky! Think personalised bathrobes for a spa day, flip-flops for a beach break, or cheesy customised tees for a girly night in (if mandated attire isn’t your style, just gift them as favours).
2. Pull on your PJs and turn back time with a girly sleepover. Stock up on classic DVDs and break out the old-school board games – who’s up for Girl Talk then Twister?
3. Grab a Flip camera and channel your inner broadcast journalist with a “This Is Your Life” DVD of messages from the bride to be’s friends and family — and keep the vibe festive by asking each interviewee to share their sweetest memory of the bride.
4. The fastest way to top up your bride’s honeymoon fund? A night-long round of Banned Words. It might seem easy not to talk about her groom at seven o’clock, but you’ll be shelling out the fines a few cocktails later…
5. Treat the team to a pre-game mini makeover so you’re all primped and polished before a big night out. Companies like the thepamperparty.co.uk provide group packages of manis, pedis or facials from £28pp.
6. DJ your night-in à la Eighties/Nineties school days with a mix-tape (iPod playlist) of meaningful tunes that you’ve grooved to together through the years.
7. Confirm your MOH status with a perfect score at How Well Do You Know The Bride? Ask her to write down everything from her dream honeymoon hideaway to her celebrity crush, then compare everyone’s answers.
8. Get the girls to wrap risqué pressies, then guess who bought each one — before they confess the story behind them…
9. Immortalise your night in photo collages, notes and awards like Most Likely to Snog a Random at the After Party…
10. Have the girls share words of wisdom for a hot first night compiled into a little black book.
11. Kick-start the party with a custom cocktail. (Our pick? The Bridal Buzz — elderflower cordial topped with cava, and garnished with a cheeky raspberry.
12. Throw a lingerie shower, where each hen picks a fab pair of knickers or sexy cami for the b2b’s honeymoon.
13. Rig up an amateur photobooth and all pile in wearing retro maids’ dresses and holding cute props from charity shops.
14. Book the morning-after brunch to be delivered straight to your door!
15. Hand out hangover kits before bed, so you wake up next to water, painkillers and caffeine eye roll-on (you’ll need it!).
More Two-Minute Tutorials: how to surprise your groom