Premier Inn staff are definitely good sports, judging by some of these guest requests that we’re pretty sure don’t appear on their job descriptions.
Acting as the front man for the wedding band, lending their own wedding rings, and teaching the groom to foxtrot in the corridor are just some of the ways they’ve come to the rescue on guests’ wedding days.
A Premier Inn spokesperson said, “We welcome hundreds of guests and wedding parties through our doors each year. Planning a wedding can be a stressful time and the last thing you want the night before the big day is a bad night’s sleep as excitement and nerves run high. We’re committed to giving guests a good-night sleep guaranteed which we hope helps ensure everything runs smoothly – even if it does mean giving up your trousers from time to time!’
The top 10 weird and wonderful wedding requests are as follows:
1. The night porter lending his trousers to the best man who left his at home.
2. Taking the lead in a wedding band when the original singer lost his voice.
3. Helping the best man write and practice his speech.
4. Transforming the lobby into a hairdressers for two elderly wedding guests who couldn’t get to the local salon in time.
5. Lending wedding rings for the ceremony after the bride and groom left theirs at home.
6. Teaching the groom the foxtrot in the corridor the night before the big day.
7. Becoming the official photographer of the ceremony after the original photographer was stuck in traffic.
8. Concealing and escorting a bridal party from the hotel to the venue without any of the family seeing.
9. Chauffeuring the couple from ceremony venue to reception venue in a team member’s Ferrari.
10. Making the perfect bouquet for the bride using flowers from a team member’s own garden after the florist delivered the wrong arrangement.
Did you call on hotel staff to bail you out on your wedding day? Let us know in the comments box below!