Wedding venue Augill Castle, Cumbria
Augill Castle in Cumbria is offering an all-inclusive two-day wedding package for £10,000 – a discount of almost £3,000 – on bookings until the end of 2011. That’s around half the £20,000 cost of the average UK wedding.
This chic castle with character boasts turrets and towers, along with beautiful private grounds and accommodation fit for a king and queen. It’s the only venue where you can sleep in an actual castle in the whole of Cumbria and the Lake District, making it a magical place to be married.
The Fairytale Wedding Package includes:
- Exclusive use of the whole castle
- A choice of three beautiful rooms for the romantic wedding ceremony
- Fifteen acres of gardens & grounds for drinks, canapes, photos and al fresco dining
- A spacious honeymoon suite, with a bottle of champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries for the bride and groom
- Afternoon tea, dinner, bed and breakfast for up to a total of 28 guests for two nights
- Total flexibility, individuality and a bespoke service – the wedding is tailored perfectly for the bride and groom
Up to 10 children can be accommodated as part of the package at no extra cost and additional day guests are welcome for those that would like a larger celebration, charged at £50 per person up to a total party size of 40.
Simon Bennett, owner of Augill Castle, says, ‘We pride ourselves on our personal approach and only host a certain number of weddings here each year as it’s incredibly important to us that the couples who are married at Augill have a genuinely unique and memorable experience. Augill is the perfect place for a dream wedding, it’s made for romance.’
As well as hosting weddings, Augill Castle also offers bed and breakfast accommodation with Egyptian cotton linens, homemade biscuits, fresh ground coffee, roaring fires and long leisurely breakfasts: perfect for house parties, hen celebrations and civilised stag dos too. Owners offer activities including Bond Girl Experiences, where guests can abseil the tower, dress to kill and mix a cocktail, and champagne murder mystery nights.
Browse our Wedding Venue Finder for more wedding venue ideas in the UK.
Find a wedding venue in your area: visit the Y&YW Directory.