1. You don’t have to whittle down the guest list, you can just invite everyone you love. The more the merrier!
2. You won’t offend anyone. See point above.
3. It’s a great opportunity to catch up with old friends you haven’t seen in a while.
4. You can have an awesome party, and there will always be someone on the dance floor.
5. It’s not as awkward for single guests when it comes to seating.
RELATED: 17 REASONS SMALL WEDDINGS ARE BRILLIANT
6. You’ll have tonnes of people to take pictures of your big day and create lasting memories.
7. You’ll have a happier marriage. Well, apparently, according to this report.
8. You’ll have more wedding presents. Maybe don’t make that the mantra for your invitations and don’t mention it to anyone else, but you’re hardly going to decline them, are you?
9. You’re guaranteed at least one person will laugh at the best man’s speech.
10. You can pretend you’re in My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Result.
HOW TO PLAN A WEDDING FOR £10,000
11. You’ll save on costs. Okay, maybe not as much as halving the guest list, but the more people you have, the cheaper the food is per head.
12. The more kids you have, the more fun they (and their parents) will have, especially if you get a clown or magician involved.
13. You get to have your wedding in a grand wedding venue, whereas filling a castle with 20 people isn’t quite the same.
14. You can have the biggest dessert table anyone has ever seen. Why pick between macarons and doughnuts when you can have both?
15. You’ll get goosebumps looking around and seeing all those people that are there just for you.
HOW MUCH WILL MY WEDDING COST?
16. If you’re getting married in a church, there won’t be any of those slightly awkward and empty rows.
17. You won’t have to worry about guests experiencing awkward silences, because there will always be someone to talk to.