So, you’ve got to the ceremony on time and you’ve said ‘I do’ to the love of your life, now it’s time to party! But before you can head to your reception venue and toast your nuptials you need to take your first married walk together; down the aisle.
The walk out of the church or ceremony room will be a momentous one and so it’s only natural that you’ll want to choose a song that reflects how you really feel.
Recessional songs are all about personal taste, for some couples a meaningful and romantic piece of music is simply perfect and for others an upbeat party track is a must! Whatever your taste, we promise we have a suggestion for you.
You can choose to play the track directly from Spotify (just make sure you upgrade to Premium for the day to avoid those pesky ads!) or ask your string quartet or wedding band to play your chosen music live. Either way, your guests will love the personal touch involved in choosing a track that is perfect for you as a couple.
From contemporary chart hits to old classics and classical pieces that will make your day seem like a fairy tale, the choices really are endless. In fact, there are so many great options that you’ll probably find a few pieces of inspiration for your reception drinks and wedding breakfast soundtracks too!
To make it extra easy for you to decide on a song, we’ve put together a Spotify playlist so you can give them all a listen and get in the mood for your ‘I dos’!
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours), Stevie Wonder
- You Make My Dreams, Hall & Oates
- Love Story, Taylor Swift
- Sunny, Bobby Hebb
- Married Life from UP
- What a Wonderful World, Louis Armstrong
- Anything Could Happen, Ellie Goulding
- A Sky Full of Stars, Coldplay
- Beautiful Day, U2
- Shut Up and Dance, Walk the Moon
- Happy, Pharrell Williams
- All You Need is Love, The Beatles
- (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher & Higher by Jackie Wilson
- Halo, Beyoncé
- Time of Your Life, Green Day
- Clair de Lune, Debussy
- This Will Be (An Everlasting Love), Natalie Cole
- You’ve Got the Love, Florence + The Machine
- Best Day of My Life, American Authors
- Love, Love, Love, Avalanche City
- Us, Regina Spektor
- Walking on Sunshine, Katrina & The Waves
- What a Wonderful World, Sam Cooke
- God Only Knows, The Beach Boys
- At Last, Etta James
- Ode to Joy, Beethoven
- Spring, Vivaldi
- Ave Maria, Bach
- I Gotta Feeling, The Black Eyed Peas
- Crazy in Love, Beyoncé
Listen to the playlist here!