Whether you’re planning a party of pure cheese or Ibiza club classics, we’ve asked the experts for their top wedding reception playlists to make sure your dance floor is always full.
From the floor fillers of the noughties to the ultimate end of the night tunes, there’s something to suit all kinds of party. Whether you’ve got a wedding band, a DJ or you’re DIY-ing it with an iPod and sound system, be inspired by our awesome Spotify playlists.
We may have 100 first dance songs for you to choose from, but if none of those tickle your fancy, be sure to check out this list, curated by the You & Your Wedding team. Whether you want something slow and slushy or upbeat and fun, we’ve got a track for you.
1. I Wan’na Be Like You – Robbie Williams
2. First Day of My Life – Bright Eyes
3. Can You Feel the Love Tonight – Elton John
4. Perfect – Ed Sheeran
5. Baby I’m Yours – Arctic Monkeys
6. Satisfy My Soul – Bob Marley
7. Smooth Sailin’ – Leon Bridges
8. Flowers in the Window – Travis
9. Let It Be Me – Ray LaMontagne
10. Cheek to Cheek – Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
It’s likely the majority of your guests will have been at university and starting out in the world in the noughties so you’re guaranteed to have guests rushing on to the dance floor upon hearing some of these modern-day classics, as picked by DJ Markus, who has more than 15 years’ experience in the industry, including a residency in Ibiza.
If you want everyone to be dancing until dawn in the spirit of an Ibiza blow-out, check out this playlist from May Plays Sax – the saxophonist has played around the world and shares her top picks for grown up club kids.
1. Jubel – Klingande
2. This Girl – Kungs vs. Cookin’ on 3 Burners
3. Changes – Faul & Wad Ad vs. Pnau
4. Pjanoo – Eric Prydz
5. Man with the Red Face – Funkagenda and Mark Knight