From the track you choose for your entrance to the ceremony to the song you and your brand new husband walk out to (processional and recessional, FYI!), music plays a more important part in your ceremony than you may have realised.
For starters, rhythm is key; anything too fast or too slow will be tricky to walk down the aisle to – you don’t want it to look like you’re scurrying along. Or dawdling, for that matter. Time how long your walk will take you so you know when to set off, and how long the song needs to be.
You may also want a few song to play before you arrive, as background music for when your guests are taking their seats, as well as something to listen to while you sign the register, to avoid a dip in the mood.
As for the songs for your drinks reception? Anything goes! Choose songs that tinkle along nicely if it’s background music, or go for something punchy if you want to get the party started early.
Leave your ceremony on a high with these happy and uplifting recessional songs, guaranteed to put a smile on the faces of your guests as they watch you walk down the aisle as husband and wife.
If you’d rather exit to something that starts slowly and builds, wait until the verse kicks in to set off.
These ten tracks are the picks from the You and Your Wedding Team.
1. This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) – Natalie Cole
2. Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
3. Best Day of My Life – American Authors
4. Greatest Day – Take That
5. I Got a Feeling – The Black Eyed Peas
6. Kiss Me – Sixpence None the Richer
7. Love – Joss Stone
8. You’re the One that I Want – Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta
9. Love on Top – Beyonce
10. I’m into Something Good – Herman’s Hermits
The Bridal Entrance Playlist
Make a real entrance on your wedding day, with this romantic selection of songs, compiled by Quartet Apollo Strings, a group who have had the pleasure of playing at some of the country’s finest wedding venues.
1. Your Song – Ellie Goulding
2. It Must be Love – Madness
3. Make you Feel my Love – Adele
4. The Universal – Blur
5. Viva La Vida – Coldplay
6. You are the Sunshine of my Life – Stevie Wonder
7. Just the Way you Are – Bruno Mars
8. You Really got me – The Kinks
9. Bittersweet Symphony – The Verve
The Drinks Party Playlist
Post-ceremony it’s time to relax a bit and enjoy the moment. Slick band The Quartones suggest their ideal tracks for jazz loving newlyweds.
1. So What – Miles Davis
2. Take Five – Dave Brubeck Quartet
3. I get a Kick Out of you – Ella Fitzgerald
4, Over the Rainbow – Chet Baker
5. Summertime – George Gershwin
6. In Walked Bud – Thelonious Monk
7. Have you Met Miss Jones? – Frank Sinatra
8. Alfie – Burt Bacharach
9. Yardbird Suite – Charlie Parker
10. My Baby Just Cares for me – Nina Simone
The Signing The Register Playlist
The songs you choose to have on in the background while you sign the register will keep your guests entertained in what could be a ceremony lull. Members of The UK Gospel Choir advise us on their top tunes fro play while you sign on the dotted line.
1. One Love – Bob Marley
2. (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher – Jackie Wilson