When you’re married to a billionaire and related to royalty you know your honeymoon is going to be pretty special. Proving that anything her sister the Duchess of Cambridge can do, she can do too, Pippa and James have swapped a Giles Deacon dress and morning suit for a bikini and swimming trunks on an island that’s just as private and exclusive as Kate and Wills’ honeymoon back in 2011. Straight after their incredible wedding (see all the insider information here) the couple were pictured looking party-weary at LAX airport and now they’re holed up at The Brando, a £3000-a-night eco-resort island in the South Pacific owned by Marlon Brando.
Here’s everything you need to know about the island…
1) It’s in the remote French Polynesian atoll of Tetiaroa, 30 miles northeast of Tahiti, so no chance of the couple getting papped as they sunbathe.
2) It was bought by Marlon Brando and his wife in the 60s when he fell in love with the area while filming Mutiny on the Bounty. Before that it was the retreat of the Polynesian royal family.
3) It opened in 2014 and the only way to access the island is by private jet.
4) The island is surrounded by the most beautiful sparkling lagoon and has pure white sand beaches. It has a long list of eco credentials including making honey on the island and providing coral-friendly sunscreen for guests.
5) Barack Obama wrote his memoirs while staying on the island.
6) The main activities are snorkelling, scuba diving, kayaking, paddle boarding, cycling, tennis, and boat trips.
7) There are just 35 private villas ranging from one bedroom to three bedrooms and all come with a private infinity pool and al fresco bath tub.
8) Pippa and James will be relaxing after the wedding in the stunning spa, which has an amazing treehouse suite.
9) And they won’t go hungry either. There are two restaurants featuring food by Guy Martin from Michelin two-star restaurant Le Grand Vefour in Paris as well as traditional Polynesian fare and two bars for cocktails as the sun sets.
10) Other guests staying on the island at the same time are under a strict no-photos and social media ban!
Want to check it out for your own honeymoon? Here’s how to go:
Turquoise Holidays (www.turquoiseholidays.co.uk, 01494678400) is offering an eight-night holiday to Tahiti from £7595 per person, including three nights at The Brando with all meals, combined with five nights at the newly renovated Conrad Bora Bora Nui in an overwater villa with breakfast, complimentary return flights with Air Tetiaroa from Tahiti and international flights from the UK. The saving is over £4200 per couple and the offer is valid for travel throughout June. http://www.turquoiseholidays.co.uk/tahitiandherislands/the-brando/offers