If you’re going to a wedding or two this summer, chances are that as well as the perfect guest outfit, you’ve already found the perfect greeting card to congratulate the couple. But when it comes to writing the perfect wishes, how do you make your message stand out?
We thought we’d cover every message you could possibly need to write in a wedding card, whether it’s for your best friend, a family member or just an acquaintance. After all, you’ve got enough on your plate ticking off items on your wedding checklist to spend ages agonising over what to write!
Depending on the couple, you may want to stick to religious or traditional wording, a sentimental or a fun message, so we’ve got all that covered.
See below for wedding wishes, inspiration and ideas.
Image | Getty
- Wishing you love and happiness on your wedding day and for your new life together.
- May your joining together bring you a lifetime of happiness.
- May the love you share today grow stronger as you grow old together.
- With warmest wishes on your wedding day and always.
- There is no couple more deserving of a joyful and loving wedding day as you two.
NO CHILDREN WEDDING INVITATION WORDING EXAMPLES
- May God shower your new lives together with many blessings.
- Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever! -1 Corinthians 13:4-8
- Mazel Tov on your wedding day!
- May God bless your marriage together as He did your courtship.
- Praying and wishing happiness to the new Mr & Mrs (surname).
Casual wedding wishes
- We love you, you beautiful people, congrats!
- Wishing you a long and happy marriage.
- So happy to celebrate with our favourite couple on their big day.
- Here’s to a fun-filled, happy marriage!
HOW TO WORD YOUR WEDDING INVITATION
- On your wedding day, you two became one. Does that mean I get two birthday presents from you every year?
- Holy s*** you’re married! Congratulations to our favourite couple.
- Congratulations, you two weirdos were made for each other!
- Woohoo you got married! Wishing you two lovebirds a lifetime of Netflix binging.
If the bride/groom is your BFF
- To my best mate, I’m so thrilled to be celebrating with you on your big day. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness.
- I am so honoured to be part of your wedding day, I can’t think of a more loving couple.
- I can’t believe my best friend is getting married! I can’t think of anyone who deserves an awesome day more than you.
- You’re an old ball and chain now! So happy for you two, I know you will have the best life together.
THE FUNNIEST WEDDING INVITATION WORDING
If the bride/groom is family
- Congratulations on your wedding day and welcome to the family!
- We are so happy to celebrate your special day with you, what a wonderful addition to the family!
- Today, we add one more member to our family and we couldn’t be happier. Congrats!
- Congratulations on your marriage! Today we join two wonderful families together and we couldn’t be happier.
If the bride/groom is your sister/ brother
- I’ve always dreamt of having a sister and now I have one, I couldn’t be happier for the both of us.
- It seems like only yesterday we were planning our dream wedding as kids, and now the day has finally come. I am so happy for you.
- Congratulations! You bring my brother/sister so much happiness and I’m so happy to celebrate with you today.
- To my baby sister/brother, I can’t believe you’re getting married. Bursting with happiness for your and your new husband/wife.
- Hehe, she/he’s your responsibility now, good luck! Just kidding, you’ll be SO happy together.
WEARING WHITE TO A WEDDING: IS IT STILL TABOO?
If the bride/groom is your son/daughter
- To our wonderful daughter/son, many congratulations on your wedding day. We wish you a lifetime of happiness.
- We could not be prouder of you now that you have embarked on a new journey with your beautiful wife/husband. May the future be bright!
- We know we are not losing a son/daughter but are gaining a son/daughter, and we could not be happier.
- Best wishes to our son/daughter and our new daughter-in-law/son-in-law on this joyous occasion.
50 GREAT SAVE THE DATE IDEAS
If the bride/groom is a parent
- To mum/dad, wishing you every happiness on your big day.
- Mum/dad, we love you so much and (name of stepparent), we couldn’t be happier to welcome you in the family.
- (name of stepparent) you make my mum/dad so happy, and we are delighted to celebrate with you today.
- I’m so happy that you found a partner to share your life with, congratulations.
- I couldn’t be happier for the both of you.
If the bride/groom is a co-worker
- So honoured to be sharing your special day with you, congratulations on your new adventure.
- Thank you for inviting me to share this day with you and your family. Best wishes for your future together.
- Wishing you a lifetime of happiness.
If you’re including a gift
- Here’s a little something to start your life together.
- Have a bottle of champagne on your honeymoon on us!
- Please find a little gift from us to celebrate your wedding day.
Now all you have to worry about is what to write in your wedding thank you cards!