1. You get to celebrate with the people that are truly closest to you.
2. It’s a great way to cut down on the guest list and not invite people you don’t know or only see once a year.
3. You don’t spend all day making your way around the room to speak to everyone.
4. And you can have more time chatting to those guests who are there.
WHY BIG WEDDINGS ARE GREAT TOO
5. You can splurge. Smaller numbers mean you have more budget to play with and focus on quality rather than quantity. Hello champagne!
6. There are no arguments about table plans.
7. You have more options when searching for venues, and you’ll be more likely to find one that can sleep all your guests.
8. There’s no stuffiness, you can really make your guests feel like they’re just at a big family dinner.
SMALL INTIMATE WEDDING VENUES
9. You can get all your guests involved. Small numbers means you can ask them all to contribute, be it DIY, creating a playlist or baking a dessert.
10. You don’t get as nervous saying your vows. An audience of 40 people is much less daunting than 200!
11. It’s less stressful to plan.
12. It’s great if you’re on a short deadline as they are quicker to plan.
13. It’s more relaxed – great if you don’t want a big party.
HOW TO TALK ABOUT YOUR WEDDING WITHOUT ANNOYING EVERYONE
14. You get to truly inject your personality into it as you have more room for creativity.
15. People will appreciate the details more, whereas in a room filled with 200 people, they will get missed.
16. They’re perfect for getting married abroad. Intimate beach ceremony anyone?
17. You know exactly what your guests will like, so you can adapt things like favours, food or songs to them to ensure they have the best time possible.