Okay, so you might not be marrying an actual prince and you may not have a few hundred thousand pounds lying around to splash on a designer wedding dress, but we think your upcoming nuptials will be quite similar to the Royal Wedding in many ways…
1. You’ll have to make some tough guest list decisions. Harry and Meghan decided NOT to invite any political leaders to their private ceremony. Although you won’t have to suffer the wrath of Theresa May when she doesn’t get an invite to your wedding, you will have to break the news to Doris who used to live next to your mum and your great aunt from Swanage.
2. Everyone will be talking about it. In the run up to the big day, and probably for years to come, too, your wedding will be one hot topic! While paparazzi haven’t been tracking your every move, you’re convinced that your mum hasn’t talked about anything except the wedding since you got engaged.
3. The day will be compared to your sibling’s nuptials. Even if you’re Prince Harry, you can’t escape the fact that every single thing you do will be compared to your sibling that has done it all before.
4. You’ll take the dress code very seriously. You might not be asking all of your male guests to rock up in a morning suit, but a football shirt does NOT count as a shirt. We repeat does NOT count. In fact, perhaps put that disclaimer on your invite…
5. What you’ll be wearing will practically be a state secret. Your mum has had to delete all pictures of said dress from her camera roll and your maids have entered into a secrecy agreement via What’s App. Just like Meghan, you want your dream dress to be a total surprise!
6. The little ones will steal the show. Whether you’re having pageboys or flowergirls, or there are just some little ones attending your big day, their beaming smiles and excitement will melt everyone’s heart. Cue Princess Charlotte waving fanatically.
7. Your groom will be wowed when you walk down the aisle. That look on Harry’s face when he saw his bride for the first time was priceless. Maybe show your fiancé the footage on repeat so he can replicate the look of amazement accurately!
8. The best man’s speech will be a little risqué. You can always count on the groom’s bestie to embarrass him on the day, and that’s apparently exactly what William did, with many stories about Harry and his antics. So, brace yourself!
9. There will be an impromptu after party. After takeaway pizza was ordered to the royal reception venue (yes, really), some guests went on to party late into the night in central London! Note to self: fuel with pizza and the party will continue!